The On the Move Photography Exhibition made its eighth stop in CerModern in Ankara on 17th June 2016. This exhibition is a celebration of the transhumant shepherds and nomadic pastoralists of the Mediterranean, commisioned by the Mediterranean Consortium for Nature and Culture. It features the work of 6 prominent professional photographers from Morocco, Tunisia, Spain, Turkey, Lebanon and Greece.
Exhibition presents the work of
- Barış Koca, who portrays here the life of one Sarıkeçili family migrating in Turkey
- Stamos Abatis who has magically captured the lives and landscapes of the shepherds of Northern Pindos in Greece
- Wassim Ghozlani, whose contemporary eye has portrayed the Tunisian transhumance with clarity and precision
- Gema Arrugaeta, whose wonderful selection of photos portray the noble Spanish transhumance
- Asaad Saleh from Lebanon who portrays with a keen eye and great kindness the lives of Lebanese pastoralists
- Younes Tazi, who shows the great beauty of the human-animal connection on the long desert transhumance